DATUK SERI TENGKU SARIFFUDDIN
1. It is crucial and timely for Lim Kit Siang to explain to the Malaysian people his reluctance to admit that he will be the Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister if Pakatan Harapan win the next general election.
2. In view of the fact that DAP is the clear leader of Pakatan, Malaysians need to know whether Lim KIt Siang will assume the posts if the DAP-led opposition wins the next general election. We cannot ignore the fact that DAP is the party with the biggest number of Parliamentary seats in the Pakatan alliance, and therefore in reality has the dominant leadership position within it.
3. Lim Kit Siang needs to come clean on this, as it is the right of Malaysians to know who they will be ruled by if they vote Pakatan. He must tell the people whether it is his political ambition to be the Deputy Prime Minister, as confessed by Tun Mahathir on 19th January 2017.
4. It is only fair for the people to know if it's true that the reason Lim Kit Siang approached PAS recently is because he needs PAS to endorse his ambition to be Deputy Prime Minister.
5. If it is otherwise, then Lim Kit Siang should make a Statutory Declaration, as Tunku Aziz suggested, stating that he will refuse to be Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance if the DAP-led Pakatan win the next general election. It is the people's right to know the truth of his limitless political ambitions so they can make an informed choice before voting.
DATUK SERI TENGKU SARIFFUDDIN,
PRESS SECRETARY TO THE PRIME MINISTER
25th January 2017